What is Instanssi?
Instanssi is a festival of digital creativity in Jyväskylä, Finland. Instanssi is a beginner-friendly event that anyone interested in digital culture can visit and enjoy. Instanssi offers workshops, presentations, and a friendly creative environment.
Competitions at Instanssi include classics such as demo (several categories), music, graphics, and Summamutikka, a free-form compo, which is meant to confuse the audience using any (legal) means necessary. Another speciality of Instanssi are programmable lights, which can be used as part of compo entries.
Date and venue
Instanssi 2020 will be organized on 27.2.-1.3.2020 at Jyväskylän kristillinen koulu (address: Voionmaankatu 18, Jyväskylä).
IRC: #instanssi @ IRCNet
Email: You can contact the organizers via email@example.com.
Tickets can be bought from the door or beforehand from the Instanssi store on our website.
- Entrance ticket (kävijälippu) – 5 Euros. This ticket includes entrance to the event for the whole weekend. You can enjoy the program, participate in the workshops, and stay the night.
- Early Bird Computer place ticket (konepaikkalippu) – 20 Euros. This ticket allows entrance to Instanssi and a table spot for your computer.
- Computer place ticket (konepaikkalippu) – 25 Euros. This ticket allows entrance to Instanssi and a table spot for your computer.
- Support ticket (ökylippu) – 40 Euros. For those who want to support Instanssi! This ticket allows entrance to Instanssi and a table spot for your computer. You can also say a few words at the opening ceremony if you like.
What do I need to take with me?
Bring the same necessities as you would to any other LAN-party or demoparty. Here is a small checklist to help you.
- If you have a ticket with a computer place, bring your computer with all the necessary accessories. Bring a long power cord and your own extension cord. Remember to write your name on your stuff!
- A sleeping bag and pad
- Change of clothes
- Personal toiletries: towel, toothbrush etc. There is a shower on the venue.
- Cash if you are buying your tickets from the door
- Your own mug for free coffee and tea
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. There is a microwave oven, a coffee maker, and a kettle for free use on the venue. Fridge space is limited, so bring your own cooler (Peltier coolers allowed).
- Demoparty vibes!
What NOT to bring
A list of forbidden items
- Prescription drugs without a prescription slip and ID
- Firearms, edge tools, and other possibly harming objects.
- Multifunctional tools
- Fireworks and other explosives
- Laser pointers and similar objects
- Own domestic appliances (Fridges, coffee makers, washing machines etc.)